Here at Sapcote Methodist Church we are using the 5 Practices of a Fruitful Congregation by Robert Schnase to fulfil the mission that Christ gave us; to share the good news and make disciples of Jesus. The 5 practices are helping us to make changes and be a church that is vibrant, fruitful and growing!
We are a church where ALL are welcomed, loved, needed and accepted.
“Welcome one another therefore just as Christ has welcomed you for the Glory of God”
Let’s encounter God through singing, prayer, scripture, preaching and Holy Communion. Let’s develop a deeper relationship with God, let His Spirit shape our lives.
Let’s grow in faith by learning together, helping each other to understand scripture, faith and life. Let’s bring people together and strengthen relationships through the power of our risen Lord.
· God strengthens the body of Christ through mission and service
· God calls us to change lives for those within and beyond the congregation – beyond the inner circle of the church
· Stretching us beyond the circle of relationships and practices that routinely define our faith commitments
· Deliberate effort to improve the conditions of others
· Congregations that risk in love and compassion attract those who seek genuine community